Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna
Photo: Oxmoor House
This spinach and mushroom lasagna is a delicious change of pace from traditional lasagna recipes. It is sure to become a family favorite.
Yield: 9 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 430
- Fat: 17.1g
- Saturated fat: 10.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 30.4g
- Carbohydrate: 39.1g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 741mg
- Calcium: 661mg
- 9 uncooked gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 7 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) containers part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 (25.5-ounce) jar gluten-free marinara sauce
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- 1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add nutmeg and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 3. Combine ricotta, spinach, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper, and egg whites; set aside.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 5. Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over sauce; top with half of ricotta cheese mixture, half of mushroom mixture, 1 1/2 cups sauce, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread 1/2 cup sauce over noodles.
- 6. Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; bake 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with oregano leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note