- 9 uncooked gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 7 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) containers part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 (25.5-ounce) jar gluten-free marinara sauce
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- calories 430
- fat 17.1 g
- satfat 10.1 g
- monofat 2.8 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 30.4 g
- carbohydrate 39.1 g
- fiber 4.3 g
- cholesterol 52 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 741 mg
- calcium 661 mg
How to Make It
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside.
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add nutmeg and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Set aside.
Combine ricotta, spinach, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper, and egg whites; set aside.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over sauce; top with half of ricotta cheese mixture, half of mushroom mixture, 1 1/2 cups sauce, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread 1/2 cup sauce over noodles.
Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; bake 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with oregano leaves, if desired.