Spinach, Mushroom and Swiss Crustless Quiche Squares
Cool: 10 Minutes
- Natural cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cup(s) (about 1 onion) thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 pound(s) button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 16-ounce bag(s) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove as much liquid as possible
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray; set aside. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes. Add mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until liquid is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes; set aside to cool. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add cheese, onion, mushrooms and spinach and mix well. Transfer to prepared pan, spread out evenly and bake until set in the middle and golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool 10 or 15 minutes; cut into 24 squares and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note