More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 353
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Protein: 20.8g
- Carbohydrate: 41.4g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 594mg
- Calcium: 439mg
- 14 uncooked manicotti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (12.3-ounce) package silken soft tofu, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (26-ounce) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce (such as Classico)
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook manicotti according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside to cool.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in spinach; sauté 3 minutes.
- 4. Place spinach mixture, tofu, and next 7 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- 5. Spoon about 1/4 cup ricotta mixture into each manicotti. Pour one-third of pasta sauce into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange stuffed manicotti in a single layer over sauce, and top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 6. Cover with foil; bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 20 minutes or until browned.
- Note: You'll have about 1 cup of filling left over. Feel free to fill extra shells, but make sure to buy an extra package of manicotti at the store--a standard package contains 14 shells.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This