This recipe initially called for Kraft Jalepeno roll cheese but since it's no longer manufactured, most people use Velveeta. Mexican Velveeta works nicely but you can also use Pepperjack Velveeta or plain Velveeta and add your own chopped pickled jalepenos.
More From Southern Living
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Whisk in flour until smooth, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese, hot sauce, and Creole seasoning; whisk until cheese is melted. Stir in spinach, and cook until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
- Syndy Johnson, Fairfield Grocery & Market
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This