- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
How to Make It
Cook spinach according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Whisk in flour until smooth, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
Add cheese, hot sauce, and Creole seasoning; whisk until cheese is melted. Stir in spinach, and cook until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
Syndy Johnson, Fairfield Grocery & Market