This is a lovely and quick soup...the crutons was the finishing touch...I toasted in the oven after applying olive oil. When I took them out of the oven and they were still hot I rubbed fresh garlic on it...the flavors were great and so healthy!
Spinach, Leek, and Potato Soup
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 198
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Protein: 5.5g
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Sodium: 2001mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- 1 pound leeks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 large (12 oz.) Yukon Gold potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound spinach, roots and stems discarded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- About 1 cup croutons
- 1. Slice leeks crosswise and immerse in a large bowl of water to rinse off dirt; lift out to a colander, leaving dirt behind, and rinse again in fresh water if necessary. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add leeks and salt and cook until limp, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add broth and potato. Bring to a boil, covered; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced, 10 to 15 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- 2. Purée in a blender, in batches if necessary, holding lid down with a towel. Pour back into saucepan and thin with more broth if you like; reheat until hot. Season with salt and pepper. Divide soup between 4 serving bowls and top each with about 1/4 cup croutons.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews