- 1 (24-oz.) jar pasta sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 1/3 cups heavy cream, divided
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 ounce fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10-oz.) packages fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (12-oz.) jar roasted red bell pepper strips, drained
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 2 ingredients and 1 cup cream. Separately combine ricotta, next 2 ingredients, and 1 cup Parmesan. Sauté shallots in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Remove shallot mixture.
Add one-third of spinach to Dutch oven; cook over medium-high heat 1 minute or until wilted. Place spinach in a colander; drain. Repeat with remaining spinach.
Cook butter and flour in Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add 1 1/3 cups cream; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; add spinach and shallots.
Pour 1/2 cup sauce mixture in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with 3 lasagna noodles. Layer half of spinach mixture, half of roasted peppers, 3 lasagna noodles, and half of ricotta mixture over pasta. Repeat layers; top with 3 lasagna noodles. Pour remaining sauce mixture over top. Place baking dish on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Top with 1 cup Parmesan, and bake 15 minutes. Let stand 30 minutes.