Spinach Kumquat Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 294
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Protein: 9.8g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 7.2g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 254mg
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup (8 to 10 oz.) fresh or drained preserved kumquats
- 12 cups (10 oz.) baby spinach leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 pound fresh chèvre (goat) cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup purchased poppy seed or honey mustard salad dressing
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over medium-low heat, stir pecans often until toasted, about 5 minutes. Pour from pan into a wide bowl.
- 2. Thinly slice kumquats crosswise and remove seeds.
- 3. Put kumquats in bowl with pecans. Add spinach, parsley, and cheese.
- 4. Add dressing to salad, and mix. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This