- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup (8 to 10 oz.) fresh or drained preserved kumquats
- 12 cups (10 oz.) baby spinach leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 pound fresh chèvre (goat) cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup purchased poppy seed or honey mustard salad dressing
- Salt and pepper
- calories 294
- caloriesfromfat 70 %
- protein 9.8 g
- fat 23 g
- satfat 7.2 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- sodium 254 mg
- cholesterol 17 mg
How to Make It
In a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over medium-low heat, stir pecans often until toasted, about 5 minutes. Pour from pan into a wide bowl.
Thinly slice kumquats crosswise and remove seeds.
Put kumquats in bowl with pecans. Add spinach, parsley, and cheese.
Add dressing to salad, and mix. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.