Spinach and Gruyère Tarts
Yield: 16 tarts
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 5 Minutes
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen tart shells (we tested with Dutch Ann)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Ground nutmeg
- Arrange tart shells on a baking sheet. Fill each shell with about 1 tablespoon each spinach and cheese.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients. Spoon egg mixture evenly into tart shells. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Bake at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes or until tarts are puffed and crust is lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from foil pans.
- Make Ahead: To make ahead, simply fill the pastry with the spinach and cheese, and prepare the egg mixture. Cover both, and chill overnight. Next day, fill tarts with egg mixture, and bake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch