Spinach and Goat Cheese Salad with Frizzled Prosciutto
Try this quick and easy spinach and goat cheese salad with a juicy steak. The salty prosciutto and sweet goat cheese give so much flavor to this simple green salad dish.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups salad and about 1 tablespoon cheese)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 42
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 2.1g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 182mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 2 thin slices prosciutto, cut into 1/2-inch strips (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach (about 10 cups)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange prosciutto in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely.
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Combine prosciutto and spinach in a large bowl. Drizzle vinegar mixture over spinach mixture; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads