Spinach, Goat Cheese and Roasted Pepper Cannelloni
"East + West in cannelloni" by Jim Romanoff, AP. Look for fresh egg-roll wrappers in the produce section (often near the tofu) of most supermarkets, or buy them at Asian specialty markets. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: May 4, 2011.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) jarred marinara sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 4-ounce package(s) soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 6-inch egg-roll wrappers
- 1 1/2 cup(s) baby spinach
- 1 12-ounce jar(s) roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 10 small cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Spread ½ cup marinara sauce over the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, goat cheese, parsley, basil and cornstarch. Mix with a fork until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Lay an egg-roll wrapper on a dry surface. In a strip along one edge, spoon about ¼ cup of the cheese mixture. Top with a bit of spinach, roasted peppers and mushrooms. Roll the wrapper into a tube around the fillings, moistening the edge with water and pressing it firmly to seal. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- 5. Pour the remaining marinara over the cannelloni, completely covering them. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan, then bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note