- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Fried Shallots, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound baby spinach, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine* or dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vietnamese or Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock or water
- calories 88
- caloriesfromfat 53 %
- protein 2.1 g
- fat 5.3 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- carbohydrate 9.4 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- sodium 241 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Heat a wok over high heat until very hot; the metal will have a matte appearance and a drop of water flicked onto its surface should evaporate on contact. Add oil and heat until shimmering but not smoking.
Add 1 tbsp. fried shallots and garlic, cook 10 seconds, then add spinach and rice wine and toss to combine. Add fish sauce and chicken stock and continue stir-frying, tossing ingredients together, until spinach wilts, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with rest of fried shallots.
*Find nutty, slightly sweet Shaoxing rice wine at Asian markets and some liquor stores.