Spinach - Filled Bread
Microwve Cooking - Holiday and Parties by Litton
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 loaf(s) round crusty bread
- 2 package(s) frozen chopped spinach
- 2 package(s) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper (optional)
- ground nutmeg
- Advance preparation: Prepare filling 1 day ahead. refrigerate. to serve, microwave filling at High 30 seconds to 1 1/4 minutes, or until warm.
- FILL BREAD; Cut 1 1/2 to 2 inch slice from top of bread. Cut a circle 1 1/2 inches from outer edge of crust. Remove center leaving at least 2 inches of bread on bottom. Cut center and top into pieces for dipping. Set aside. Place packages of spinach in oven. Microwave at High 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 minutes. or until heated, rearranging once. Drain, pressing out excess liquid. Place cream cheese in medium bowl. Microwave at High 30 to 45 seconds, or until softened. Mix in remaining ingredient. Spoon into bread shell. Place on paper towel-lined plate. Microwave 45 seconds to 1 1/4 minutes. or until bread is warm .Serve with bread pieces for dipping.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spinach - Filled Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Hors d'Oeuvres