Spinach And Feta-Stuffed Tomatoes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 tomato)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 184
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 9.1g
- Carbohydrate: 27.8g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 459mg
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Calcium: 209mg
- 4 large tomatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut top off each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact. Chop and reserve 3/4 cup pulp. Discard tops and remaining pulp, or save pulp for another use. Invert tomato shells on paper towels; let stand 30 minutes.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomato pulp, spinach, couscous, rosemary, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, and stir in feta cheese.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup filling into each tomato shell. Place tomatoes into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This