Very good--nice, tasty lo-cal option!
Spinach and Feta-Stuffed Focaccia
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke and Celine Chenoweth
This calzone-like roll mixes fresh spinach with cheese, raisins, and pine nuts—a flavor combination reminiscent of the Mediterranean.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 334
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 12.6g
- Carbohydrate: 48.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 815mg
- Calcium: 201mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (6-ounce) packages baby spinach
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add half of spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Add remaining spinach; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; stir in feta and next 6 ingredients (through pepper).
- Place dough on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat dough into a 15 x 12-inch rectangle. Spread spinach mixture lengthwise over half of dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold other half of dough over filling; press edges together with a fork. Cut 5 (1-inch) diagonal slits in top of dough.
- Combine milk and water; brush evenly over dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This