The quality of the feta cheese pretty much decides the flavor of the quesadilla. I used a high quality cheese and enjoyed this very much. I did add some salt and pepper and wished I had used fewer olives, but it was very good. You can read my full review at Taking On Magazines: http://bit.ly/11mgl3m
Spinach and Feta Quesadillas
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Lynn Miller
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 339
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Sodium: 1046mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 10-oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup kalamata or other black olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1. Warm oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook, stirring, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer to a bowl and stir in cheese and olives.
- 2. Spread 1/4 of cheese mixture over 1/2 of each tortilla. Fold to cover; press lightly to seal.
- 3. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook quesadillas one at a time in skillet, turning once, until golden on both sides and cheese is melted, about 6 minutes total for each. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes