Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Bake: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 110
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 161mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 10-oz. box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper until blended.
- 3. Warm oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion until softened but not browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add spinach and sauté 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 4. Whisk onion mixture into eggs. Divide among muffin cups, top each with feta and bake until set in center, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Try it another way:
- Ham and Swiss: Use 10 eggs. Divid 3/4 cup diced lean ham and 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese among cups before adding eggs. Bake as directed.
- Fresh Herb: Whisk 12 eggs with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Sauté a small chopped onion in 3 Tbsp. olive oil until softened. Add a minced garlic clove; sauté 1 minute. Whisk into eggs with 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh herbs (chives, parsley or thyme). Divide among cups; bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note