Absolutely delicious! I have made this as a weekend snack and for parties. It has always been a huge hit. Just be sure not to roll out the dough too thin or it will tear when moving to a baking sheet and definitely crack during baking.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 143
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 21.7g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 461mg
- Calcium: 99mg
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen white bread dough
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Thaw dough in refrigerator 12 hours.
- Combine feta and next 7 ingredients (feta through egg white) in a bowl.
- Roll dough into a 16 x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread spinach mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Beginning with a long side, roll up jelly-roll fashion; pinch seam and ends to seal. Place roll, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut diagonal slits into top of the roll using a sharp knife. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top of the roll. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note