2 of my family members thought this recipe was great, yet I felt it was just good, not a wow. Yes, I'd make it again, but maybe without the blue cheese next time. I served this recipe with linguine and clams to combat the garlic breath that ensues after dinner.
Spinach-Endive Salad With Warm Vinaigrette
More From Southern Living
- 4 apple-smoked bacon slices
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1/4 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 head Belgian endive, cut into 8 slices lengthwise*
- Crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1/4 cup drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, and, if desired, 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Add vinegar mixture and onion to hot bacon drippings in skillet over medium heat, stirring to coat. Add bacon, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add spinach and endive; toss in skillet just until combined. Serve immediately. Top with additional crumbled blue cheese, if desired.
- *1/2 (10-ounce) package fresh baby spinach may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This