- 4 apple-smoked bacon slices
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1/4 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 head Belgian endive, cut into 8 slices lengthwise*
- Crumbled blue cheese (optional)
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1/4 cup drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
Combine vinegar, mustard, and, if desired, 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, stirring until mixture is smooth.
Add vinegar mixture and onion to hot bacon drippings in skillet over medium heat, stirring to coat. Add bacon, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add spinach and endive; toss in skillet just until combined. Serve immediately. Top with additional crumbled blue cheese, if desired.
*1/2 (10-ounce) package fresh baby spinach may be substituted.