Spinach & Egg Breakfast Pits
Whole Foods Recipe serves 2 This is a super tasty way to get vegetables into the morning meal and you can change it up to suit your taste. Try substituting broccoli or asparagus for the spinach; add sausage or veggie sausage; use warm whole wheat tortillas or naan in place of the pitas.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Ingredient See Below
- Natural spray oil
- 2 cups packed baby spinach (or 1 cup frozen, then thawed and squeezed)
- 3 cage-free eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 whole wheat pitas, warm
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with oil, add spinach and cook, tossing often, until just wilted, about 1 minute. Add eggs, salt and pepper and cook, tossing gently, until fluffy and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, add mozzarella and toss again. Spoon egg mixture onto pitas, fold in half and serve right away or wrap in foil to eat on the go.
- Per serving: 340 calories (110 from fat), 12g total fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 325mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 39g total carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 21g protein
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mrmacrae73 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spinach & Egg Breakfast Pits Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch