Spinach dal curry
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) toor dal
- 1 piece(s) onion Chopped
- 1 package(s) spinach
- 2 teaspoon(s) termeric
- 4 whole(s) red chillies
- 5 clove(s) garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) asafoetida
- 1. Wash dal. Wash spinach leaves in salt water. Chop them. Mix together dal, spinach leaves, 1 tsp oil, turmeric powder and enough water. Boil them till soft.
- 2. Mash dal and spinach. Keep aside.
- 3. Chop onion. Crush garlic cloves.
- 4. Heat a pan. Put 1 tbsp oil into it. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds crackle, add asafoetida, red chilies and garlic cloves.Add chopped onions and fry them till translucent.
- 5. Pour dal and spinach mixture into the pan. Add water for desired thickness. Bring it to a boil.
- 6. Add salt, sugar and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7. Garnish with coriander leaves while serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vinodgnp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note