I thought this dish was very good and easy. I did not have any problems with the consistency. I plan on making it again.
Spinach Custard Pie
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 115
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Carbohydrate: 13.1g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 301mg
- Calcium: 193mg
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chopped onion and bell pepper; sauté 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add onion mixture, eggs, and egg whites to spinach. Add flour and next 5 ingredients (through sour cream); stir to combine. Spoon mixture into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with paprika. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables