- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 fresh jalapeño chiles (about 2 oz. total), rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 8 ounces shelled cooked crab or 3 cans (6 oz. each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups shredded jack cheese (about 12 oz.)
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups tomato salsa or red enchilada sauce
- 10 white or whole-wheat flour tortillas (7 to 8 in.)
- calories 400
- caloriesfromfat 54 %
- protein 17 g
- fat 24 g
- satfat 8 g
- carbohydrate 28 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- sodium 913 mg
- cholesterol 65 mg
How to Make It
Pour oil into a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add onion, garlic, and jalapeños. Stir frequently until onion is limp, 5 to 8 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix crab, spinach, 2 cups cheese, olives, parsley, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, chili powder, cayenne, and onion mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Spread about 1 cup salsa level in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the crab mixture along the center of a tortilla. Roll tortilla around filling. Repeat to fill remaining tortillas, arranging filled tortillas in a single layer over the sauce. Top evenly with remaining 1 cup salsa and remaining 1 cup cheese.
Bake in a 350° oven until cheese is browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Let cool in pan about 5 minutes, then serve from pan with a wide spatula.