Spinach, Crab & Artichoke Mini Tarts
Try these mini puff pastry tarts with a savory crab and veggie filling. Cooked fresh spinach can be substituted for the frozen spinach in this recipe. 1 cup tightly packed fresh spinach leaves, cooked and well drained, equals the 1/4 cup needed in this recipe. Recipe by Gail Simmons from Campbell's Kitchen.
Thaw: 40 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- Generous dash(es) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/3 cup(s) well drained chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1/3 cup(s) lump crabmeat, well drained
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoon(s) Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 small sprig(s) fresh parsley
- • Heat the oven to 375°F. Stir the mayonnaise, sour cream and black pepper in a medium bowl. Add the spinach, artichokes and crabmeat and mix lightly.
- • Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 (2 1/2-inch wide) strips. Discard the remaining pastry. Cut each pastry strip into 4 (2 1/2-inch) squares, making 12 in all. Press the pastry squares into 12 (1 3/4-inch) mini muffin-pan cups.
- • Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons crab mixture into each pastry cup. Stir the bread crumbs, cheese and oil in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon bread crumb mixture over each filled pastry.
- • Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Top each with 1 sprig parsley before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note