Spinach and Celery Leaf Salad with Grainy Mustard Vinaigrette
I would give my right arm to know what happens to the celery leaves chopped off the tops of packaged "celery hearts" sold at supermarkets. Celery leaves are wonderful additions to salads. Their tender texture and yellow-green hue add delicate celery flavor and pair well with apples, mustard, and blue cheese. Prep: 20 minutes; Stand: 10 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot (about 1/2 large shallot)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grainy Dijon mustard*
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed celery leaves
- 1 semitart apple, such as Braeburn, diced (about 2 cups)
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, and let stand at least 10 minutes to soften. Whisk in mustard and olive oil.
- 2. Combine spinach, arugula, and celery leaves in a large bowl. Add apple and cheese. Dress salad with vinegar mixture, toss, and serve immediately.
- *For testing purposes, we used Grey Poupon brand Country Dijon Mustard.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This