- 2 tablespoons minced shallot (about 1/2 large shallot)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grainy Dijon mustard*
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed celery leaves
- 1 semitart apple, such as Braeburn, diced (about 2 cups)
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, and let stand at least 10 minutes to soften. Whisk in mustard and olive oil.
Combine spinach, arugula, and celery leaves in a large bowl. Add apple and cheese. Dress salad with vinegar mixture, toss, and serve immediately.
*For testing purposes, we used Grey Poupon brand Country Dijon Mustard.