I have used this recipe since it appeared in SL. Makes a LOT and is very good. Our Christmas party crowd love this.
- 4 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (6-ounce) roll jalapeno pepper cheese*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups crushed round buttery crackers (about 56)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Drain spinach well, gently pressing between layers of paper towels.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and saute until tender. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add milk and next 4 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in spinach. Spoon into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Stir together cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup melted butter; sprinkle over spinach mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes.
- *6 ounces mild Mexican loaf pasteurized cheese product may be substituted for jalapeño pepper cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note