I have used this recipe since it appeared in SL. Makes a LOT and is very good. Our Christmas party crowd love this.
- 4 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (6-ounce) roll jalapeno pepper cheese*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups crushed round buttery crackers (about 56)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Drain spinach well, gently pressing between layers of paper towels.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and saute until tender. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add milk and next 4 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in spinach. Spoon into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Stir together cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup melted butter; sprinkle over spinach mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes.
- *6 ounces mild Mexican loaf pasteurized cheese product may be substituted for jalapeño pepper cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This