It was ok. Very expensive and time consuming for average result.
Spinach and Butternut Squash Lasagna
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 445
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 8.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 20.7g
- Carbohydrate: 61.5g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 758mg
- Calcium: 599mg
- 3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 8 cups (3/4-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (6-ounce) bags fresh baby spinach
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles (8 ounces uncooked noodles)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cook milk in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil). Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Melt butter in a medium nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook 2 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat; add flour to pan, and cook 5 minutes or until smooth and golden, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add about 2 tablespoons warm milk to flour mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add remaining warm milk, about 1/2 cup at a time, until mixture is smooth, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and cook until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat. Cover surface of milk mixture with plastic wrap; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place squash in a large bowl. Add vinegar; toss to coat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Arrange squash in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and thyme. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon oil, red pepper, and garlic in a Dutch oven over medium heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add spinach, 1 bag at a time; cook until wilted, stirring frequently. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook until liquid evaporates, stirring frequently.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Spoon 1/3 cup milk mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over milk mixture; top with spinach mixture, 2/3 cup milk mixture, 1/2 cup Asiago, and 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano. Arrange 3 noodles over cheese; top with squash mixture, 2/3 cup milk mixture, remaining 1/2 cup Asiago, and 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano. Arrange remaining 3 noodles on top of cheese; spread remaining 1/2 cup milk mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This