Spinach and Bulgur Salad
During the walk home from a belly-dancing class, Nan Kelley Lofas stopped at a deli for dinner. The spinach and feta salad she ordered didn't taste as good as she thought it could, so she experimented at home. The result is this salad.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 158
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 6.1g
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sodium: 253mg
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- 2/3 cup bulgur wheat
- 12 cups (about 10 oz.) spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 cup (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine bulgur and 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Let stand until bulgur is tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, stack spinach leaves and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- 3. Place spinach, onions, dill, and cheese in a wide bowl. Pour bulgur into a fine strainer and press out the excess water. Add bulgur to bowl with spinach.
- 4. Mix vinegar and oil. Add to salad and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note