Spinach-Blackberry Salad with Manchego and Prosciutto
Blackberries, prosciutto, and Manchego may sound like an unusual combination, but here they blend in three-part harmony. Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes. Notes: You can substitute strawberries or raspberries for the blackberries if desired.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 137
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sodium: 283mg
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse-grain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces (2 qt.) baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (see notes)
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese
- 1. Cut prosciutto crosswise into 1/2-inch strips. In a 6- to 8-inch pan over high heat, stir prosciutto until crisp and well browned, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add spinach and blackberries and mix gently to coat.
- 3. Using a vegetable peeler or cheese slicer, shave thin slices of the cheese over salad. Add prosciutto. Mix gently.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note