My family did not like this at all so I have a lot left over. Guess I'll freeze it and I'll eat it for lunch until it's gone. The black bean and pasta sauce combination was a little strange tasting and an odd texture combination.
Spinach-Black Bean Lasagna
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, divided
- 2 (16-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (2-pound, 13-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 9 precooked lasagna noodles
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
- Stir together first 5 ingredients and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese; set aside.
- Mash beans with a potato masher or fork in a large bowl; stir in pasta sauce and cumin. Spread one-third of bean mixture on bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Layer with 3 noodles, half of spinach mixture, and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese; repeat layers. Spread with one-third bean mixture; top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining bean mixture.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour; uncover and top with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note