This is wonderful! I have made it with slight modifications (1% milk, less cheese and 1 less egg) 2 or 3 times now. Everyone loves it. Thank you for sharing it!
Spinach Bacon Quiche
Community Recipe from
- 1 9" unbaked pastry shell
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 8 strip(s) bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cup(s) swiss cheese, gruyere, or ementhaler, shredded
- 1 package(s) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (10 oz)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, half and half, salt, mustard, paprika, cayenne, and nutmeg together with hand blender. Set aside.
- Saute onion in a little butter or bacon fat until tender. Layer onion, bacon, cheese, then spinach in pie shell. Carefully pour egg mixture into pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RebeccaChappell and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note