This is wonderful! I have made it with slight modifications (1% milk, less cheese and 1 less egg) 2 or 3 times now. Everyone loves it. Thank you for sharing it!
Spinach Bacon Quiche
Community Recipe from
- 1 9" unbaked pastry shell
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 8 strip(s) bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cup(s) swiss cheese, gruyere, or ementhaler, shredded
- 1 package(s) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (10 oz)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, half and half, salt, mustard, paprika, cayenne, and nutmeg together with hand blender. Set aside.
- Saute onion in a little butter or bacon fat until tender. Layer onion, bacon, cheese, then spinach in pie shell. Carefully pour egg mixture into pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RebeccaChappell and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes