Spinach-Bacon Mac and Cheese
Photo: Jennifer Davick, Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke, Sissy Lamerton
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package rotini pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10-oz.) block 2% sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon (about 6 slices)
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and next 3 ingredients; cook, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 3. Gradually stir in Cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in bacon, spinach, and hot cooked pasta. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note