Spinach, Asparagus, and Strawberry Salad
This unusual combination came about as Trisha Kruse was searching for a way to use two of spring's freshest ingredients. To toast walnuts, place in a baking pan and bake in a 350° oven until golden, about 10 minutes.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 118
- Calories from fat: 76%
- Protein: 3.4g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sodium: 96mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, rinsed, ends trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- About 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons raspberry or balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces spinach leaves, rinsed
- 8 ounces strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts (see note above)
- 1. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into a 12- by 15-inch baking pan; add asparagus, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and mix to coat. Spread in a single layer and bake in a 400° oven, stirring often, until tender when pierced, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add spinach, strawberries, toasted walnuts, and cooled asparagus; mix to coat. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note