Took them to a party last night. Everyone loved them.
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushroom
- 24 ounce(s) White Mushrooms (try to get ones with larger caps)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 whole(s) medium onion chopped
- 1 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs
- 6 ounce(s) cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup(s) sour cream
- 3/4 cup(s) sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup(s) montery jack grated
- 1 package(s) (small) chopped spinach thawed
- 2 can(s) marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Wash and dry mushrooms. Pull off the stems and separate. Chop all stems finely set aside.
- 3. Heat olive oil and butter in skillet over medium high heat. Add chopped onion and mushroom stems. Saute for several minutes until starting to golden. Add panko, salt and pepper. Stir and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- 4. Remove from heat and set aside. Squeeze excess liquid out of spinach and set aside.
- 5. In large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream and grated cheeses. Then add cooled mushroom panko mixture. Fold to combine. Add spinach, salt, pepper and artichoke hearts. Add hot sauce if desired. Fold to combine.
- 6. Using a spoon (or if you're fearless, like me, use your hands) mount the mixture into the mushroom caps. Use a spoon (again, or your hands) to round the top of the mushroom. Place on foil on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes (this is for normal sized mushrooms - if you packed your mushrooms until you could barely tell they were mushrooms anymore I'd say give it a solid 33 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy all that is mushroomy goodness.
- Photo c/o ThePioneerWoman.com
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kaytivstheworld and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note