Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Penne
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) penne pasta
- 3/4 pound(s) chicken breasts (2 sm pieces)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 cup(s) cream/whole milk
- 2-3 peppers - red, yellow, orange finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) asiago/provolone cheese grated
- 10 ounce(s) chopped, frozen spinach thawed, wrung dry & separated
- 14 ounce(s) can artichoke hearts in water drained & chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) chicken stock
- pepper & nutmeg to taste
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese grated
- 1. Prepare all chopped/grated ingredients before starting.
- 2. Boil pasta in salted water as directed.
- 3. Heat EVOO in large skillet and add cubed chicken breasts. Cook thoroughly & remove from pan & keep warm.
- 4. Melt butter in EVOO & add onions, garlic, & peppers. Season with salt & pepper (or Montreal chicken seasoning) & cook 8-10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- 5. Sprinkle flour over onion mixture & stir 1 min.
- 6. Whisk in white wine.
- 7. Add stock & stir one min.
- 8. Stir in cream & season with nutmeg.
- 9. Thicken sauce over low heat.
- 10. Stir in spinach & artichokes & heat through.
- 11. Melt cheese into sauce.
- 12. Drain pasta & toss with sauce & chicken.
- 13. Salt & pepper to taste. Garnish with parmigiano cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mimibre and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note