Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Penne
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) penne pasta
- 3/4 pound(s) chicken breasts (2 sm pieces)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 cup(s) cream/whole milk
- 2-3 peppers - red, yellow, orange finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) asiago/provolone cheese grated
- 10 ounce(s) chopped, frozen spinach thawed, wrung dry & separated
- 14 ounce(s) can artichoke hearts in water drained & chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) chicken stock
- pepper & nutmeg to taste
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese grated
- 1. Prepare all chopped/grated ingredients before starting.
- 2. Boil pasta in salted water as directed.
- 3. Heat EVOO in large skillet and add cubed chicken breasts. Cook thoroughly & remove from pan & keep warm.
- 4. Melt butter in EVOO & add onions, garlic, & peppers. Season with salt & pepper (or Montreal chicken seasoning) & cook 8-10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- 5. Sprinkle flour over onion mixture & stir 1 min.
- 6. Whisk in white wine.
- 7. Add stock & stir one min.
- 8. Stir in cream & season with nutmeg.
- 9. Thicken sauce over low heat.
- 10. Stir in spinach & artichokes & heat through.
- 11. Melt cheese into sauce.
- 12. Drain pasta & toss with sauce & chicken.
- 13. Salt & pepper to taste. Garnish with parmigiano cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mimibre and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes