Had this a tea and thought it was great and so light compared to a quiche
Spinach and Artichoke Cheese Custard
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 201
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrate: 4.6g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 530mg
- Cholesterol: 203mg
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups small-curd low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese (1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (2 1/2 oz.)
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (8 oz.) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (see notes), or 1 can (13 1/4 oz.) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cottage cheese, 1 cup jack cheese, parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg until well blended.
- 2. Coarsely chop artichoke hearts. With your hands, squeeze as much liquid as possible from spinach. Stir artichokes and spinach into egg mixture.
- 3. Spread mixture level in a buttered shallow, rectangular 2 1/2- to 3-quart casserole. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup jack cheese evenly over the top.
- 4. Bake in a 350° regular or convection oven until custard is firm to touch in the center, 25 to 40 minutes. Let stand about 10 minutes, then cut into portions. Add more salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables