- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups small-curd low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese (1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (2 1/2 oz.)
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (8 oz.) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (see notes), or 1 can (13 1/4 oz.) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- calories 201
- caloriesfromfat 54 %
- protein 18 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 6.1 g
- carbohydrate 4.6 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- sodium 530 mg
- cholesterol 203 mg
How to Make It
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cottage cheese, 1 cup jack cheese, parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg until well blended.
Coarsely chop artichoke hearts. With your hands, squeeze as much liquid as possible from spinach. Stir artichokes and spinach into egg mixture.
Spread mixture level in a buttered shallow, rectangular 2 1/2- to 3-quart casserole. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup jack cheese evenly over the top.
Bake in a 350° regular or convection oven until custard is firm to touch in the center, 25 to 40 minutes. Let stand about 10 minutes, then cut into portions. Add more salt to taste.