- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Drain chopped spinach well, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Gently press spinach between layers of paper towels. Set spinach aside.
Drain artichoke hearts, discarding liquid, and cut in half.
Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté until tender. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in reserved spinach liquid and milk; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in spinach, artichoke, garlic salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake casserole at 350° for 30 minutes.
Spicy Spinach-Artichoke Casserole: Substitute 1 (10-ounce) diced tomato and green chiles, undrained, for milk and spinach liquid and 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers for Parmesan cheese.