More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen spinach soufflé, thawed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked turkey
- 3/4 cup jarred roasted red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions. Fold edges under, and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork.
- 2. Line piecrust with parchment paper or aluminum foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Remove weights and parchment paper; bake 5 more minutes, and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 4. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in spinach soufflé.
- 5. Whisk together eggs and half-and-half in a medium-size bowl. Stir in spinach mixture, cheese, and next 3 ingredients. Pour mixture into prepared piecrust.
- 6. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Stouffer's Spinach Soufflé, found in the frozen food section of the supermarket.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note