Really liked but had to add some tomato sauce to make it a little more juicier.
Ultimate Spinach and Turkey Lasagna
This healthy lasagna recipe features ground turkey instead of beef, reduced-fat cheese and vitamin-packed spinach. Using store-bought marinara sauce helps keep it easy.You can assemble this lasagna and freeze it, unbaked, for up to a month. Let it thaw completely before baking.
More From Health
: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes
- Calories: 346
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Sugars: 5g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 321mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3/4 pound ground turkey breast
- 3 cups low-sodium jarred marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, completely defrosted and squeezed of all excess liquid
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6-7 minutes. add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add turkey and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink and cooked through, 4-5 minutes. Add marinara, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and cool slightly.
- 3. Combine ricotta, spinach, parsley, egg whites, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- 4. Coat the bottom of a 14- x 11-inch lasagna pan with 1/2 cup sauce. arrange three lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread 3/4 cup sauce evenly over noodles. Spoon 2/3 cup ricotta- spinach mixture evenly on top of sauce. Repeat layers two more times.
- 5. Cover top with three noodles and remaining 3/4 cup sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10-15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly. Cut into 9 squares and serve.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note