- 8 cups baby spinach (8 ounces)
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Holland or serrano chile, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp
How to Make It
In a large bowl, toss the spinach, peas and tomatoes. In a medium skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook over moderately high heat until lightly golden, 4 minutes. Add the chile, ginger, cumin and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Add the shrimp to the salad. Pour the warm chile dressing over the salad, toss well and serve at once.