Served this appetizer twice with great reviews. Second time went to a loaf half the diameter of the size reccomended. That size works better for party appetizers, the larger size if you are serving as a first course at dinner. Good flavor, pine nuts give a nice flavor and texture.
Prepare the spinach-and-cheese mixture up to a day ahead; cover and chill in an airtight container.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 (16-oz.) French bread loaf, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels to remove excess water.
- 2. Stir together spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Top each bread slice with 2 Tbsp. cheese mixture. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Place bread slices on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated and nuts are toasted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note