The recipe was good but my husband found it "missing something."
This spinach and mushroom lasagna is a delicious change of pace from traditional lasagna recipes and is sure to become a family favorite.
Yield: 9 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 392
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 6.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 38.6g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 617mg
- Calcium: 494mg
- 1 (8-ounce) package uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 7 cups sliced mushrooms (about 2 (8-ounce) packages)
- 3 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 2 (3 1/2-ounce) packages)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) containers light ricotta cheese
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 (25.5-ounce) bottle fat-free marinara sauce
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside 9 noodles.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add nutmeg and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine ricotta and next 5 ingredients (ricotta through egg whites); set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over sauce; top with half of ricotta cheese mixture, half of mushroom mixture, 1 1/2 cups sauce, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread 1/2 cup sauce over noodles.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; bake 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with oregano leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spinach-and-Mushroom Lasagna Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Casseroles