- 1 (8-ounce) package uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 7 cups sliced mushrooms (about 2 (8-ounce) packages)
- 3 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 2 (3 1/2-ounce) packages)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) containers light ricotta cheese
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 (25.5-ounce) bottle fat-free marinara sauce
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- calories 392
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 12.2 g
- satfat 6.7 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 30 g
- carbohydrate 38.6 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 38 mg
- iron 3.8 mg
- sodium 617 mg
- calcium 494 mg
How to Make It
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside 9 noodles.
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add nutmeg and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Set aside.
Combine ricotta and next 5 ingredients (ricotta through egg whites); set aside.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over sauce; top with half of ricotta cheese mixture, half of mushroom mixture, 1 1/2 cups sauce, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread 1/2 cup sauce over noodles.
Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; bake 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with oregano leaves, if desired.