How is this Diabetic Friendly? You start with 2 whole eggs instead of 2 eggs whites, you're sauting in 1 tbsp of butter instead of unsalted butter, you also add swiss cheese instead of adding any low sodium cheese. You add an 1/8 tsp of salt, is that table, sea or kosher. Kosher has less sodium. I will truly rework this recipe so that it can be Low Sodium/Diabetic Friendly.
Photo: Van Chaplin; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Blend and Pour. Process eggs and 2 Tbsp. water in a blender until blended. Melt butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; add spinach and tomatoes, and saut´´ 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Add salt and egg mixture to skillet.
- 2. Lift and Tilt. As egg mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked egg mixture flows underneath, cooking until almost set (about 1 minute). Cover skillet, and cook 1 minute.
- 3. Fold and Serve. Sprinkle omelet with cheese and pepper. Fold omelet in half, allowing cheese to melt. Slide cooked omelet onto a serving plate, and season with salt to taste. Serve with buttered toast and fresh fruit.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This