This was good but I could only eat half as it was quite filling. I did add a little more cheese (.7) and threw in some chopped leeks leftover from the night before. I sauteed the veggies then removed them to a bowl. I put the eggs into the pan and let them set a little before sprinkling the veggies over the top. They cooked for a while; then I put them under the broiler to set before adding cheese. Broiled again until the cheese was melted. I halved, folded and served.
Photo: Van Chaplin; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Blend and Pour. Process eggs and 2 Tbsp. water in a blender until blended. Melt butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; add spinach and tomatoes, and saut´´ 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Add salt and egg mixture to skillet.
- 2. Lift and Tilt. As egg mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked egg mixture flows underneath, cooking until almost set (about 1 minute). Cover skillet, and cook 1 minute.
- 3. Fold and Serve. Sprinkle omelet with cheese and pepper. Fold omelet in half, allowing cheese to melt. Slide cooked omelet onto a serving plate, and season with salt to taste. Serve with buttered toast and fresh fruit.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note