Spinach and Cheese Muffins
savory muffin that goes well with most types of hard cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 ounce(s) butter
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 3 cup(s) flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 2 cup(s) cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup(s) baby spinach leaves
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 F (170 C, Gas 3).
- 2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then fry the onion until cooked. Set aside.
- 3. Put the flour, baking powder, cayenne and cheese in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the milk and egg together, then slowly pour into the flour mixture and beat with a handheld electric whisk until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- 4. Stir in the onion and spinach with a wooden spoon until evenly dispersed.
- 5. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until two-thirds full and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until deep golden and the sponge bounces back when touched. A skewer inserted in the center should come out clean. Leave the muffins to cool slightly in the tray before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by valerial and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note